(Basically, if you have a good point, but you’re being a doucebag about it, nobody is going to listen to you)
I didn’t feel like getting the flower power shirt so i just donated to the cause.
90% of the ladies from the Nation said I did a good job. The other 10% just said ABOUT DAMN TIME PHILIP!!! #lockedherdown ;)
I am that 10% because i’ve been following you for a very long time & i’ve been wondering if you were ever gonna pop the question. Once again, congratulations to Phil & Lindsay! It’s about damn time! ;)
The videos are rolling in! (Major credit/video belongs to @itsjordanvbaby)
“This is America. There is no reason to lie, cheat, steal, unless you wanna be awesome. But don’t fuck people over to get to the middle. You betray everything America is about. We didn’t throw Britain’s tea into the ocean because we wanted to be a mediocre country. We didn’t let those fuckers line up in a line and then shoot ‘em in the back, because we didn’t want to be one of the best countries in the world. And we’re not giving China an IOU, because we plan on actually paying it back. This is America: the land of opportunity to fuck people over. To take what isn’t yours. But only if you plan on getting to the top of the mountain and waving what you have, and that they don’t, in their face. That’s America.” ~Philip Defranco
Today is a pretty sad day for me. It’s the 5 year anniversary of when I lost one of my friends. I think back to it and it’s rough for me because there was nothing I could do. And I remember because it was right before I left college and I walked into class and the teacher said “Pluto is no longer a planet,” and I was crushed. And I went through a dark period. Of booze and women and… uranus jokes.
But today we put that aside. We remember the five year anniversary of when we lost our friend Pluto. Stripped of its planethood of so called “scientists”
Scientists who don’t look back to 1930 when Clyde Tombaugh found it, gave it the badass name Planet X - that’s a superhero planet name! That planet would fight crime. And then one day an 11 year old girl from England named it Pluto. No. Not the Disney dog, but after the badass Roman God of the underworld. Then they found out Pluto had three moons - that’s 3x the moons as earth! And so scientists got jealous.
Then they noticed this other spherical thing out there called Eris and then scientists said “Eris Eris Noooo! If it has the same composition as Pluto, but we’re not calling Eris a planet we’re calling it a dwarf planet, Pluto is not a planet.” and then scientists noticed there was a belt that had about 70000 things that had the same composition as Pluto.
And then the IAU had to have a meeting. They said “What constitutes a planet?”
1. Has to orbit the sun — Done
2. It needs to have enough gravity to pull itself into its own spherical shape — Done-zo
3. It needs to have cleared the neighbourhood of its orbit — And on that day the IAU said that Pluto is no longer a planet.
And the universe became a less cool place. Today we remember our friend - the little guy.
Yep. So that was a thing.
sometimes i feel like a parent when i’ve been watching a youtuber since they started and then they get really famous and i see videos of them accepting awards and shit, and i just think “I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!”